Here is the detail about the Facebook’s unrivalled data breach incident detail and the whole Cambridge Analytica data breach incident, in this post you will get to know about each and everything about the campaign of #DeleteFacebook as well.
We have breakdown this whole thing in 10 major points.
1) In the Year 2007 Facebook launched there platform for 3rd party developers who built apps and services. It give allow developers to access users data whenever users download the app from their app store.
2) In 2013 Cambridge University researcher Aleksandr Kogan developed an app called ‘This is Your Digital Life’ which was installed in between 2,70,000 users. Here the twist come this app access all the data of users who installed it as well as the data of the list of friends of those users just because the functionality of the platform and in this way Kogan access around 50 million users data list from Facebook.
Now the turning point come
3) In 2014, Cambridge Analytica was paid some amount to the Kogan to use all these data for Ted Cruz campaign for US voters in order to influence them. But Eventually, when Cruz were dropped out from the presidential campaign then these data were used by Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.
5) In the Year 2015, The Popular News Site The Guardian exposed and said that Kogan had shared the data with Cambridge Analytica. After this News Facebook banned Kogan’s app from their platform and demand the data from Kogan also Facebook approach Cambridge Analytica firm to delete the data they had acquired in unethical way. According to Facebook Co-founder Zuckerberg, one of the CA were also “certified” that the firm has already deleted the data they had acquired in improper way.
6) On Friday last week, apparently the news came that Cambridge Analytica had not deleted the data when facebook was requested and the CA Christopher Wylie who has released NOC certificate also told that facebook should check at that time the data has deleted or not but Facebook never did it.
7) Cambridge Analytica had also revealed a secret that they had a classification system which allow and manipulate US Voters emotionally. He claimed that they had helped Donald Trump’s digital campaign using these data from there Oval office.
8) Due to this incident the Stock of Facebook was dropping very high and it turns Mark Zuckerberg head he start the investigation with his COO Sheryl Sandberg but still both are remained silent and not speaking about this incident publicly.
9) Some of the internal sources were revealed that Zuckerberg is not hiding he is trying to come out with some of the powerful statement. He wrote in a Post that “We have a responsibility to protect your data, and if we can’t then we don’t deserve to serve you,”
10) Zuckerberg is also working on a plan to protect the users data and their privacy in future. He is working to create an auditing apps that will let users and inform them that what the data an app they’ve installed is accessing. It will also remove developer access from the apps if you are not using that app from last 3 months.
“I started Facebook, and at the end of the day I’m responsible for what happens on our platform,” Zuckerberg wrote. “We will learn from this experience to secure our platform further and make our community safer for everyone going forward.”
After this Incident WhatsApp Co-founder Tweeted that ‘It is time. #deletefacebook’